DESIGN | PROCESS | RESOURCES
With mother's day just around the corner, I've compiled a detailed list of some of my favourite must-haves for a beautiful, yet functional kitchen. Most of which I've purchased and used in my own kitchen and can guarantee make my cooking and eating experience that much more enjoyable since Quarantine! Whether you're buying something for your mum, or looking for a gift for yourself and your own kitchen, here are some of top items on my list!
An aesthetically sound kitchen is the first thing every woman dreams of. Having a beautiful and functional space is essential, because after all, we do spend a huge amount of time entertaining, eating, cooking, socializing, and now, working from home on our kitchen island.
1. A dutch oven is such an essential in a well-used kitchen for bread and soup making, as well as many other things. The Milo Dutch Oven or the full 3-piece set is a highly recommended gift and is just as functional as it is pretty! If you're looking for another colour combination, and white and gold isn't for you, Milo has a few other options here.
2. If your mum is like me, measuring loose and small items is always a hassle. This Zwilling Scale is the perfect size to tuck away in a drawer without being obnoxious and clunky when you need to pull it out from behind the appliances in the pantry.
3. I've always lived in households with basic Brita Water Pitchers. Recently, I purchased a 10 Cup SOMA Water Pitcher and was NOT disappointed. Not only does it match the rest of my all-white kitchen accessories, but it holds a lot of water, it filters quickly, and the water tastes amazing.
4. As I've lived alone more, and work has taken up more of my time, cooking meals has become harder. Purchasing a KitchenAid Artisan 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer has rocked my world and is so versatile. I've used it to make crepes, pancakes, bao dough and many other things since I got it!
5. I've always hated those standard restaurant salt and pepper shaker sets. When I found Sagaform's Oak Spice Storage Containers I just couldn't resist! This is a perfect gift set for the kitchen island or dining experience. From my experience, they aren't as functional while cooking (better to season straight from the bottle while cooking for convenience) but the delicate and modern design adds some minimal and modern flair to a countertop or dining table set up!
6. If you like to host, you know having small serving dishes for appetizers, nuts and dessert is an essential. I've purchased multiple sets of The Delling Ramekins in both 8Oz and 22Oz for some fun servewear and every day snacking and cereal use. Absolutely obsessed, and the quality is amazing!
7. If your mum loves a good glass of wine and often has company over, the Gartner Studios Wine Stopper and Charms Set is a great option! Not only is it $7 but it's fun, minimal, and definitely adds some excitement to a plain glass. This brings me to my next item....
8. Wine glasses are a great gift. I have collected so many as gifts over the last few years, and what's absolutely great about them, is each set is different, and I can use a different set depending on who's coming over! The Oblique Glassware collection by West Elm is one of my favourites!
9. I'm a sucker for hexagonal trivets! This one in particular is a staple in my kitchen. I absolutely love how affordable and cute the Providence Striped Marble Hexagon Trivet is. The marble and hexagonal shape gives my counter some texture but it's perfect for hot pots, using as a spoon rest, and using as a centerpiece. Wayfair has some coasters and more serving trays with this exact pattern, too, if you like things to be matchy-matchy!
* Disclaimer, The page contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). This helps support my blog, and allows me to continue making new content!
Keep in mind, I only recommend products and services that I have found to be helpful and trustworthy. Thank you for your support!